Friday, December 4, 2009

Blog Update - 14November to 04December

Wow, once again this update is not so weekly... I apologize profusely for this. I feel it is very important to keep our members and supporters up to date on our goings-on, so I am rather disappointed in my lack of attentiveness to the blog! I will do my best to keep you more informed, and this shouldn't be too much of an issue post-holiday season. Please bear with me as I do my best to keep up... I do assure you that I have some interesting content however! In the last few weeks we've seen a great number of members for it being the holiday season... it is incredibly exciting to see the number of dedicated individuals working together to accomplish so much around the hangar! The PT-22 is just about ready to be checked out by the FAA. Once that is completed, it will lay dormant until its maiden flight in the spring! Meanwhile, maintenance has begun on all of the the other aircraft. Last time I posted the B-25's right engine was being prepped for removal. Well, it has been removed, and we are preparing the new engine for installation! The drone is primed, ready for paint... and looking great! Soon we will see an original paint job, something worthy of the museum we aim to create!

Some items of importance of late include the elections of new staff members. This years election was for the Maintenance Officer, the Safety Officer and the Finance Officer. We had candidates for two of the positions... keep an eye out for who was elected later this month!

Apologies again for not being on top of this... I hope everyone is having a terrific holiday season!

Jim Lauria

No comments:

Post a Comment